Historic Climate Deal, Canada welcomes Syrian refugees, Floods in Carlisle,San Bernardino shooting and more…
1. Six-week-old male white Bengal tiger cubs are covered with blankets to keep them warm at a zoo in the Black Sea resort of Yalta.
Photo: Alexander Polegenko / AP
2. A television transmission tower rises above a cloud of fog in Pecs, Hungary. The photo was taken from the top of the 611-meter high Tubes Mountain belonging to the city.
Photo: Tamas Soki / MTI via AP
3. An anti-riot policeman walks through orange smoke from a teargas in Nantes, western France, during a demonstration of activists against the state of emergency.
Photo: AFP / Jean-Sebastien Evrard
4. Hundreds of people dressed up as Santa Claus take part in the traditional Santa Claus run in Madrid.
Photo: AFP / Javier Soriano
5. A photographer looks at the sky at night to see the annual Geminid meteor shower on the Elva Hill, in Maira Valley, near Cuneo, northern Italy.
Photo: AFP / Marco Bertorello
6. A resident leaves his home after Storm Desmond caused flooding in Carlisle, England. The storm has brought severe disruption to areas of northern England.
Photo: Jeff J Mitchell/Getty Images
7. A child covered with a blanket stands on a beach near the town of Mytilene, after crossing the Aegean sea from Turkey to the Greek island of Lesbos.
Photo: Santi Palacios/AP
8. Medals lie on the ground after being discarded by military veterans in protest at the UK’s intervention in the Syrian war outside Downing Street, London. The demonstration was led by Daniel Denham, who served in the RAF. Holding up his medals, he said: “If you look close enough at these medals, you can see the reflections of dead Iraqis. You can see the embers of Libya. And you can see the faces of the men and women of the British armed forces who didn’t return and also those who did with lost limbs and shattered souls. I no longer require these medals.”
Photo: Carl Court/Getty Images
9. The first Zumwalt-class destroyer, the largest built for the US Navy, heads down the Kennebec river in Bath, Maine. The ship is headed out to sea for the first time to undergo sea trials.
Photo: Robert F Bukaty/AP
10. Syrian refugees are greeted at the airport by Canada’s prime minister, Justin Trudeau, on their arrival from Beirut.
Photo: Mark Blinch/Reuters
11. A makeshift memorial at the corner of Waterman Avenue and Orange Show Road, close to where 14 people were killed at the California city’s Inland Regional Center by two shooters.
Photo: Ted Soqui/Corbis
12. Tribal artists and supporters from the southern Indian state of Karnataka dance outside the residence of Congress party president, Sonia Gandhi, during her birthday celebrations.
Photo: Altaf Qadri/AP
13. Two students create a huge snow portrait of Marilyn Monroe
14. French foreign minister and President of the COP21 Laurent Fabius (centre) applauds while United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-moon (left) and French President Francois Hiollande applaud after the final conference of the COP21, the United Nations conference on climate change, in Le Bourget, north of Paris. Nearly 200 nations adopted the first global pact to fight climate change on Saturday, calling on the world to collectively cut and then eliminate greenhouse gas pollution.