Chinese miners rescued, Zika virus, The European Refugee Crises, Exodus from Aleppo and more…
Disclaimer: Some people may find these photos distressing
1.Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump at his veteran’s rally in Des Moines, Iowa. Trump hosted his own rally on the same night as other candidates took part in a Fox News debate.
Photo: Rick Wilking/Reuters
2. A view of traffic at the Dartford crossing in Kent as Highways England announce a consultation on proposals for a new multibillion-pound Lower Thames Crossing.
Photo: Gareth Fuller/PA
3. Experts aboard the Panamanian-registered cargo ship Modern Express, which has been drifting since 26 January off the western coast of France.
Photo: Loic Bernardin/AFP/Getty Images
4. A Kashmiri Muslim boy sets ablaze a shroud he is wearing to protest against a demolition drive ordered by the Lake and Waterways Development Authority in Srinagar, India.
Photo: Farooq Khan/EPA
5. Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton and former president Bill Clinton take the stage during her caucus night event in Des Moines, Iowa.
Photo: Win McNamee/Getty Images
6. A float builder works on caricature which depicts Russia’s president, Vladimir Putin, as a warmonger, at the float hall of the Mainz Carnival Association.
Photo: Frederik von Erichsen/EPA
7. Zookeepers hold a net to capture a colleague dressed as a zebra during a drill rehearsing what to do in the event of an animal escape at Ueno Zoo in Tokyo, Japan.
Photo: Kazuhiro Nogi/AFP/Getty Images
8. A woman covers her face as her home is fumigated to prevent the spread of Aedes mosquitoes, which carry the Zika virus in Mexico.
Photo: Pedro Pardo/AFP/Getty Images
9. An Israeli Border Police jeep hits a Palestinian protester during clashes near Jenin.
Photo: Alaa Badarneh/EPA
The dead body of a migrant boy lies on the beach near the Aegean town of Ayvacik, Canakkale, Turkey on Jan. 30, 2016. A boat carrying migrants to Greece hit rocks off the Turkish coast on Saturday and capsized, killing at least 33 people, including five children, officials said.
Photo: Halit Onur Sandal / AP
11. Rescuers free a trapped miner in Pingyi County, eastern China’s Shandong province on Jan. 29, 2016. The first three of four surviving Chinese miners have been rescued after being trapped for 36 days underground, Chinese state media say.
Photo: AFP – Getty Images
12. A self-portrait by NASA’s Curiosity Mars rover shows the vehicle at ‘Namib Dune,’ where the rover’s activities included scuffing into the dune with a wheel and scooping samples of sand for laboratory analysis.
13. A man carrying belongings on his head looks on as Syrians fleeing the northern embattled city of Aleppo wait in Bab-Al Salama, near the Turkish crossing gate.
Photo: AFP / Bulent Kilic
14. WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange addresses the media holding a printed report of the UN’s judgement on his case from the balcony of the Ecuadorian embassy in London.
Photo: AFP / Niklas Halle’n
15. An image grabbed from a video shows Syrians fleeing the embattled city of Aleppo after a major offensive backed by Russia.
Photo: AFP/Getty Images
16. Actors from Shakespeare’s Globe perform Hamlet to migrants at the Good Chance theatre tent in the Jungle refugee camp in Calais, France.
Photo: Dan Kitwood/Getty Images
17. A female Israeli soldier broke down in tears after a comrade was stabbed to death at a West Bank petrol station. A Palestinian stabbed an Israeli soldier in the stomach and lightly wounded two civilian before he was shot dead.