Hurricane Patricia strikes Mexico, sheep invade Madrid, powerful earthquake rocks South Asia, the Gateway Arch goes gold and more…
1. A picture of a Baby lies atop a collapsed wall as residents sort through the remains of homes destroyed by Hurricane Patricia, in Chamela, Mexico. Record-breaking Patricia pushed rapidly inland over mountainous western Mexico, weakening to tropical storm force while dumping torrential rains that authorities warned could cause deadly floods and mudslides.
Photo: AP Photo/Rebecca Blackwell
2. Bastian Schweinsteiger of Manchester United in action with Manchester City’s Fernandinho during the 0-0 draw in the Premier League at Old Trafford on Sunday.
Photo: Tom Purslow/Man Utd via Getty Images
3. A man comforts a migrant upon arrival on the Greek island of Lesbos. Already this year, nearly 200,000 have passed through the Greek island and is at the epicentre of the ongoing migrant crisis.
4. Mercedes Formula One driver Lewis Hamilton leaps out of his car after winning the US Grand Prix at the Circuit of the Americas in Austin, Texas.
Photo: Adrees Latif/Reuters
5. Workers wearing white masks lie down in the street during a protest outside a government office in Taipei, Taiwan.
Photo: Ritchie B Tongo/EPA
6. Volunteer doctors and paramedics revive a baby after a boat carrying more than 200 refugees and migrants sunk while crossing part of the Aegean sea from Turkey.
Photo: Giorgos Moutafis/Reuters
7. Children’s bikes are piled up at a huge donation centre for refugees at the Messe trade fair grounds in Hamburg, Germany.
Photo: Alexander Koerner/Getty Images
8. Performers from Cirque du Soleil take part in a full dress rehearsal for their show Kooza in Vancouver, Canada.
Photo: Liang sen/Xinhua Press/Corbis
9. Pelicans wait for food at a market at Pescadores beach in Lima, Peru.
Photo: Mariana Bazo/Reuters
10. A flock of 2,000 sheep were herded through Madrid on Sunday, as part of a symbolic protest by Spanish shepherds to ensure that grazing and migration rights would be protected in the face of increasing urbanisation.
11. The Gateway Arch is lit with golden-colored lights just before sunrise in St. Louis. The city is celebrating the moment when the final piece of the 630-foot-tall structure was put into place on Oct. 28, 1965.
Photo: David Carson / St. Louis Post-Dispatch
12. A counternarcotic special forces police officer gifts powdered milk to a girl returning from school, after the police patrol destroyed an illegal coca laboratory or maceration pond, in Tingo Maria, Peru,
Photo: Rodrigo Abd / AP
13. People rush an injured women to a local hospital in Peshawar, Pakistan. A powerful 7.5 magnitude earthquake hit parts of Afghanistan, Pakistan and India causing more than 300 people killed.
Photo: Mohammad Sajjad / AP
14. A column of migrants moves through fields after crossing from Croatia, in Rigonce, Slovenia. Thousands of people are trying to reach central and northern Europe via the Balkans, but often have to wait for days in mud and rain at the Serbian, Croatian and Slovenian borders.
Photo:Darko Bandic / AP
15. Hindus watch fireworks before burning an effigy of the demon king Ravana, marking the end of the Dussehra festival in Hyderabad, India.