The European Refugee Crises, Maria Sharapova’s positive drug test, Paris Fashion Week and more…
1. A fan injured outside White Hart Lane stadium before the Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal Barclays Premier League match.
Photo: Dylan Martinez/Reuters
2. Children watch a cartoon projected in a refugee camp beside the Macedonian border.
Photograph: Vadim Ghirda/AP
3. People ride through smoke plumes created by residents burning waste in the streets of Hanoi, Vietnam. Reports reveal that the air pollution rate in Hanoi has risen to at a hazardous level.
Photo: Luong Thai Linh/EPA
4. Dogs wait in the truck for their turn at the restart of the Iditarod trail sled dog in Willow, Alaska.
Photo: Nathaniel Wilder/Reuters
5. Fans cross the famous Abbey Road zebra crossing to pay their respects to Beatles producer George Martin, who has died age 90.
Photo: Andy Rain/EPA
6. A demonstrator raises her fist in protest against Donald Trump as police officers approach. The Republican presidential candidate was interrupted repeatedly by demonstrators during his rally.
Photo: Jonathan Drake/Reuters
6. The Queen Mary 2 makes an early morning arrival at the harbour in Sydney.
Photo: James D. Morgan/Shutterstock
7. A huge street art depiction of Aylan Kurdi on the banks of the river Main. The artwork is of three-year-old Syrian boy, who drowned in September along with his mother and brother as they tried to reach Europe.
Photo: Kai Pfaffenbach/Reuters
8. North Korean leader Kim Jong-un watches a ballistic rocket launch drill at an unidentified location.
9. The Aurora Borealis shine over the Sycamore Gap at Hadrian’s Wall in Northumberland, England on March 7.
Photo: Owen Humphreys / AP
10. A police officer bends down near a woman crying in the street as Turkish riot police use tear gas to disperse supporters in front of the headquarters of the Turkish daily newspaper Zaman in Istanbul.
Photo: OZAN KOSE / AFP – Getty Images
11. Russian tennis player Maria Sharapova leaves at the end of a press conference in Los Angeles, US, in which she announced that she had failed a drug test at the Australian Open.
Photo: Robyn Beck/AFP/Getty Images
12. Syrians wave their national flag during a protest against the airstrikes which broke the Russian-US brokered ceasefire. The two-week old truce in Syria is just barely holding. In the coming weeks, it will become clearer whether this ‘cessation of hostilities’, brokered by the US and Russia, has any chance of lasting.
Photo: Mohammed Badra/EPA
13. Prime minister of Canada, Justin Trudeau, watches US president Barack Obama speak at a press conference in the Rose Garden of the White House.
Photo: Jim Lo Scalzo/EPA
14. An eagle grabs a hovering drone during a police exercise. The birds of prey are trained to catch the drones with their claws. Various police forces are considering the idea that the birds could be deployed against ‘hostile drones’.
Photo: Koen van Weel/EPA
15. Models present designs by Chanel at the 2016-2017 autumn/winter ready-to-wear collection during Paris fashion week.
Photo: Patrick Kovarik/AFP/Getty Images