The Paris climate summit, Europe’s refugee crisis, Pope visits Kenya, floods in India and more…
1. President Obama pardons the National Thanksgiving Turkey in the Rose Garden of the White House.
Photo: Carlos Barria/Reuters
2. A volunteer holds up a baby as others help migrants and refugees get out of a dinghy after their arrival on Lesbos, Greece.
Poto: Santi Palacios/AP
3. A winter storm clears at sunset over the Interstate 80 near Baxter in California, USA.
Photo: Max Whittaker/Reuters
4. Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump brings a lookalike supporter on stage during a rally in Myrtle Beach, USA.
Photo: Randall Hill/Reuters
5. Pope Francis arrives for a meeting with clergy, religious men and women and seminarians at the sports field of St Mary’s School in Nairobi, Kenya.
6. A young man displays pictures of victims of gender violence, marking the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women Buenos Aires.
Photo: Martin Zabala/Xinhua Press/Corbis
7. People walk past a bullet hole ridden petrol tanker destroyed during clashes between Turkish forces and Kurdish militants in the Nusaybin district of the city Mardin, Turkey.
Photo: Ilyas Akengin/AFP/Getty Images
8. A climate change supporter attends a rally ahead of the United Nations climate summit in Melbourne, Australia.
Photo: Mal Fairclough/AAP
9. People pay tribute to the 130 victims of the 13 November terror attacks, at the Place de la Republique in Paris, France.
Photo: Eric Gaillard/Reuters
10. People’s Liberation Army recruits stand in formation during a training session in cold winter temperatures, which reached -20C, at a military base in Heilongjiang province, northern China.
Photo: China Daily/Reuters
11. Volunteers comfort a refugee child as she disembarks from a dingy in the north of the greek Island, Lesbos.
Photo: Artur Tixiliski/Rex/Shutterstock
12. Men play chess by torchlight after the area lost power when pylons were destroyed. The Crimean authorities have declared a state of emergency and introduced restrictions on electricity use.
Photo: Tass/Barcroft Media
13. The Standing March, an art installation by French artist JR and American film-maker Darren Aronofsky, is projected on to the facade of the Assembléee Nationale in Paris.
14. A man carries a dog and wades through a flooded street in the southern state of Tamil Nadu in Chennai, India.
15. A volcanic eruption at Mount Etna’s Vorgaine crater in Sicily, Italy.
Photo: Marco Restivo/Barcroft Media
15. The McIntyre family hold candles at a vigil in memory of the 14 people who died in the San Bernardino mass shooting.
Photo: Tom Tingle/AP
16. The place de la République is covered with shoes as part of a symbolic rally during the forbidden COP21 demonstration in Paris, France. The demonstration was banned after the Paris terror attacks.
Photo: Aurelien Meunier/Getty Images
17. A Typhoon warplane flies over RAF Akrotiri, a British air base near the coastal city of Limassol, Cyprus. British warplanes carried out airstrikes against Islamic State in Syria hours after parliament voted to authorise attacks.